I saw an accident today - lucky it wasn't a major one. But crap - why did it have to happen with me around? And why was it that no one else at the busy intersection stopped to be a witness to the accident? Grrrrr. The last thing I needed was to have to wait 45 minutes - yes, 45 minutes - for the cop to show up. And what is with people? They don't want to be bothered with filling out paperwork? I know I didn't - nor do I want to be in the middle of anything, but isn't it our duty to tell what we saw? Why me? Why couldn't the guy have rear-ended the car another day?
I was in a hurry to get back to work and traffic was CRAZY!!!! So, I debated whether or not to hurry through the yellow light (I was turning left) - but I stopped. The car next to me stopped. However, the guy behind him didn't. He hit the guy hard enough to push him 3/4 of the way through the intersection. I hurried back to work to get info from someone and then headed back to the accident site. I waited there for over 30 minutes before a cop showed up. I had hoped that since I was a city employee, that I shouldn't be a witness. But, no, I was okay to be a witness. Lets just hope this is nothing complicated! I would hate to be sucked into something terrible - like someone who is sue-happy.
Grrrr. Why did it have to happen next to me? I would have felt soooo guilty if I hadn't stopped. But I feel annoyed that I did!
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment