CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sterling made it to 9!

Yesterday was Ster's 9th Birthday.  I can't believe my son is 9 years old!  Where has the time gone?

I remember when I found out I was pregnant.  I was so excited.  We had been trying for a couple of months and I was very disappointed each month to find out I wasn't pregnant.  I didn't want to announce anything because of the "what ifs" and had told Tim that we should wait a while.  Yeah, that didn't work.  And it wasn't me who blabbed!  I wanted to tell my parents first - but Tim blabbed to my brother Scott.  (I don't know if my mom even knows that yet).  Anyway - I was so excited and nervous all at the same time.  I wasn't one bit nervous about the pregnancy - about feeling sick, any discomforts, or any of those horrible things women have to go through.  I was scared spitless about delivery - in fact, my doctor scheduled the induction date for 1 week before my delivery and I asked him if we could hold off.  (i didn't tell him I didn't want to go through delivery - I justified it by saying that another day would be best for tim's work schedule).  I had an easy pregnancy - I was sick only a few times and had heartburn a couple of times.  Ster kicked but it sure didn't hurt.  It was so easy I told Tim I could have a dozen babies (that quickly changed after Ster was born).  And, labor and deliver was a snap!  I was started at 7 am and had him at 12:10 p.m. (I would have had him sooner, but my doctor checked on me and then headed back to his office - he had to turn around and come back).

I sure love my son.  Oh there are times I'm ready to ship him out, but I love him so much!  For all the times Ster has made me want to pull my hair out, he has made up for it by being so darn cute.  He says so many cute things and I have been really stupid not to write them all.  I look at him and my heart swells and I feel such overwelming love for that child. 

I can't remember if I have written about last Christmas and the terrible mistake Santa made.  Ster wanted an Xbox.  We thought we had him convinced that a Wii would be better - so Santa bought a Wii.  Two days later, Ster changed his mind.  Oh well, right?  Yeah, well a few days after Christmas Ster asked me if I had asked Santa for my camera.  What could I say but "yes"?  So he asked me why I got what I wanted from Santa but he didn't get what he wanted.  "I wanted a Xbox but he brought a Wii!"  And Ster has not forgotten that.  When Tim was in Qatar, we were at Wallyworld looking at toys.  Ster found one he wanted and begged me to buy it for him.  I wouldn't and told him to ask Santa for it.  Right there in the toy aisle, Ster gets so upset and tells me "No!  I'm NOT going to ask Santa for this.  He'll bring me the WRONG TOY!  Just like he brought me the WRONG GAME.  I wanted an Xbox and he brought a Wii.  He'll just give me the wrong one again!"  He was standing there so upset because Santa would bring him the wrong thing.  Let me tell you this:  I've learned my lesson and Santa will bring him what he wants - not everything on his list because his list is too long, but what Santa brings will be on his list.

What a child I have.  He is tempermental, can be very cranky, is stubborn, disobedient to me, slower than cold tar at times. But he is my child and I love him dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment