happen when Tim is gone? Ster broke his wrist today, poor kid. Today was the dance festival/field day at Forbes - and for lunch the kids can go with their parents if they want. Well, we wanted. So Ster and I headed to Wendy's for lunch - and returned to school with plenty of time to play before they had to go back to class to start the afternoon activities. Within 20 minutes of me dropping him off, he fell on the Monkeybars and landed on his arms. I thought that it wouldn't be too bad - Ster has a tendency to be a drama king. I figured he'd get over it - but then I couldn't help but think that maybe something was wrong. What if? So I went to the AF Fire/Rescue building and had my co-workers check it out. They know a whole heck of a lot more than I do - that, and it would be free (I assumed it would be free - didn't ask if I had to pay and wasn't about to!). The nice EMT looked it over and suggested I have him checked out. So off to the InstaCare! By the time the Doctor came back with the Xray results, I had decided that Ster was just fine and being a drama king. But nope, his wrist has a "buckle break" or "buckle fracture" (can't remember what the doctor called it) which is pretty common. Come monday Ster will have a nice purple cast. For now, I'm trying to keep him settled down - he won't stop going outside being really loud and playing with the dogs (the thought of him petting the dogs and getting the dirt/fur on his temp. cast grosses me out!) But he's a trooper.
For the dance festival, they asked that the kids where jeans and a white shirt - with a cowboy hat and bandana if we had one. Well, I forgot. I dropped him off at school and busted a move to Wallyworld. I found a white cowboy hat - but it was a girl's hat. I figured he wouldn't know the difference so I bought it. Yeah, well..........when I found him at the school and asked him if he wanted the hat, he said no. And the little girl next to him said "I've got a hat just like that!" Little fart - shoulda kept her mouth shut so Ster didn't know I tried to give him a girl hat. He was not happy with me for that. Maybe that is why he is using his cast as a gun and shooting at me.
You know, Tim can't leave me anymore! He's not even gone a week and Ster is hurt. Guess he's gonna have to cancel his October trip.
6 years ago

Sorry to hear about Sterling's wrist! Hannah broke her arm last year on the monkey bars at school, too. They take out swings, teeter-totters, and merry-go-rounds for safety reasons but leave monkey bars?! C'mon! =)
ReplyDelete