CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 10, 2010

Dear, sweet Sterling

Oh my dear, sweet Sterling is GONNA DRIVE ME BONKERS!

Ster has been coughing/clearing his throat for AGES. I didn't notice it when he was in Kindergarten, but in 1st grade he kept getting a cough. I took him in over and over to the doctor - I'd wait until he had a stuffy nose/cough for about 2 or 3 weeks and then we'd head in. (When Ster was a baby, I kept thinking his stuffy nose was a sinus infection - I was told to wait for 2 weeks and then take him in if it didn't clear up) We did it over and over - and the doctor finally said that we'd do some testing if it didn't clear up after the antibotic. Well, that summer he quit coughing and I figured it really was just cold on top of cold - for cryin' out loud he was at school so that made sense to me.

Yeah, well the cough/clearing the throat never went away this summer. So I took him in - and we tried a couple of things that didn't seem to work. His doctor said we had two choices - see an allergy doctor or a pulmonologist. I chose allergy doctor first.

Tuesday we went in to that doctor and Ster saw the Advair inhalers - purple, just his favorite color. Anyway, the doctor did some tests and low and behold, Ster is allergic to a couple of grasses, couple of molds, cedar, and thistle (I think). He also had some weazing when he took deep breathes. Ster got what he wanted - a purple inhaler and some nasonex.

Has the medicine helped? Not yet! His clearing his throat is much worse right now and I am about to go crazy. Tim is even super annoyed at the constant clearing. Arg. Poor kid - hopefully it kicks in and we don't have to listen to him anymore.

Maybe we should take him to my mom and dad's this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wish he could have some of our allergy treatments, which cure the allergy. Bless his heart!

    ReplyDelete