My hubby comes home tomorrow! Yipee! I really want to do a happy dance right now - but then the neighbors would think we just had an earthquake. So I'll settle for a yipee squeal. Reinforcements will be here! Duke can stop moping around when daddy comes home. Ster will be happy that someone else besides mommy will be around. I'll just be thankful to have my best friend home.
And I did a lot of good deeds today - and that makes me feel good! First, I took a really late lunch and ended up eating a sandwich at my desk. For something to do, I got on Facebook to stalk my friends - and I read a comment that my cousin wrote about not registering to vote and she wouldn't be able to vote. I about jumped out of my chair. My area of expertise! I am the second-in-command for the AF City elections and know of a rule change in the last few years. If you were registered to vote in the state of Utah and move to another city in Utah, you can still vote if you forgot to register. You have to do it provisionally and that provisional ballot then updates your registration. I frantically wrote back on her facebook. Then I started to panic thinking she wouldn't see it so I started to look up her phone number. There were three of the same name in Lehi. I almost started calling all of those houses until I found her - but she saw my message. And it worked! She was able to vote. Made me feel good.
Then, it got real busy at work and I ended up at the front counter helping people. (Not what i like to do when water bills go out and it is meter reading time - people are always freaking out over their bills. I hate to help when all people do is complain). Anyway, an elderly couple come in to set up autopay and as I'm logging in, they comment about their high bill and asked if it would ever go down. I told them I doubted it - but all they said was they had a huge bill for such a small lot. So I looked at their bill and asked how big their lot was. They said it was really small because they were in an HOA. Yeah, well, the lady who billed them their pressurized irrigation bill charged them for property 10 times larger than they should have been charged. So, because I listened to them and actually looked at their bill, I discovered that they had been paying $90 too much EACH MONTH for 8 months. Saved them a buttload of money! Man, I felt GREAT.
My last good deed of the day saved another person $450. She was happy. I helped people save money - but the city just lost over $1000. Oh well. Two citizens like me right now!
So all in all, today has been pretty good. And tomorrow will be BETTER!
6 years ago

Yipee! What an uplifting post.
ReplyDelete