CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Life

Well, as you know, Tim is home and life is returning to normal. It is sad that for 5 weeks life can be hell at our house - but within 24 hours of Tim being home it is peaceful. Peaceful most of the time. If I ever get the courage, I'll share my story of Tim's 15-month deployment. I am hoping that I hid a lot of what was going on at the time, but some people may be aware of the situation. It's a long story.

Anyway, life is wonderful right now. My hubby is home. My son is happy. My poopsie is happy. I am happy. And I get a stay-at-home daddy until November 22. I don't have to run Ster to tutoring for two more weeks (Yes!) nor do I have to hurry to pick him up from Day Care (yes!).

And we have a new truck. New-to-us truck. I'm not sure how happy I am to have it, but what's done is done and can't be undone now! I was perfectly content with our 2005 Tundra. It wasn't perfect but we didn't have any problems with it at all. I had big plans - we were going to pay off my Jeep and then trade his truck in for a new truck. There was no way I was going to have two car payments at a time again - right now we do have two payments and I hate it. I planned to pay off the jeep, buy a new truck, and by the time that truck was paid off it would be time for a new car for me. You know - one car payment at a time is manageable. However, my plans changed. There were some issues with my parent's truck - and since they couldn't just sell it, it had to be traded in. So we traded their truck and our truck in on a new truck for us. They don't have to pay for a truck they weren't using and we got a newer truck. It sure is nice looking - let's just hope it is as reliable as the Tundra! (This was kind of like the trailer - I was pissed that Tim was pushing for it but understood that we were doing this to help my parents - but now that I've been in it a bit I'm starting to like it.)

Anywho - more good news. The quilt is back from the quilters! She did a FANTASTIC job. If anyone likes to quilt and needs someone to quilt it, Kate's Quilting Block in Pleasant Grove is affordable and FANTASTIC! I should have it bound monday or tuesday night and then I'll post pictures. I wish I could be there when my Aunt opens the present. I hope she likes it! And I don't mean to brag - but I was told that the quilt does not look like it was only the second quilt I've made and that it looks like I've been quilting a lot longer. So, I can't wait to get this finished up and sent out! Have I mentioned that I just love to quilt?

I guess I'll let you get on to more important things!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can hardly wait to see the quilt pics! I wish you could be there when she opens it, too. =) Hurray that Tim is home now!

    ReplyDelete