I'm a bit sad right now and don't know what to do with myself. I've just finished The Work and the Glory series. (I started it a couple of years ago but only got as far as the third book - then started up again a few months ago and started all over). I love those books - the last 4 books I took about a day and a half to read each. Seriously. I just got books 8 & 9 Saturday afternoon and I'm now done. (Can you tell I LOVE to read?). It makes me grateful that I'm alive now and not then - because I probably would have been one of those who gave up.
Besides reading, I have done more painting in the kitchen. Pictures to come soon. We took off the cabinet doors and I started to paint those and I painted the cabinets. It'll take a couple of days to get the cabinets painted - so right now I'm enjoying having no cabinet doors on. Makes it much easier when I need a plate or a cup. And when I made bread this afternoon it sure was nice not having to open a door to grab the measuring cups!
Yes, I did make bread. I can't remember if I have blogged about finding out why my loaves of bread were small/flat. It is the size of my pans - apparently there are different sizes and I bought the larger size. Anywho -- last week I made a normal loaf of bread and boy was I proud of myself! I took my mom's recipe and times it by 1.5 and it came out perfect. I wanted two loaves, so I tripled my mom's recipe this time. It started okay - but I kinda got reading my book and was almost finished so I read. And totally forgot about the bread rising in the breadpans - they were huge! So, I kneaded them back down and let them rise again and just pulled them out of the oven. I am a bit nervous to see what they turned out like. Hopefully letting them rise another time doesn't do too much damage! I really want homemade bread tomorrow!
I guess my ramblings are done. i haven't been on the computer too much lately - too busy reading. And now I'll be on the hunt for another series to start reading. Any suggestions?
6 years ago

Lee and I watched The Work and the Glory on one of those BYU channels the last few weeks, it got me interested in reading the series! Good job on the bread! I LOVE homemade bread with butter melted on top and some honey!
ReplyDeleteRach and I love an author named Lynn Austin. She doesn't have a series, that I know of, but her books are period writings, and about women and their struggles, triumphs, and lives. She's my new favorite!! You might like her too.
Hunger Games....if you haven't read them already. And I second Hannah's suggestion on Lynn Austin. Always clean, and good story lines.
ReplyDelete