Today has not been good. We did put Tundra down - and my heart broke. I did go to the vet to be with him, but had to leave early and wasn't able to be there when they took him back. I don't know if I could have handled it being in there when they gave him the shot. But sitting in the room before they came in just broke my heart. He was shaking like a leaf - did he know what was in store? He is such a sweet dog - well, he's been crankier in his old age but he was still sweet.
The vet checked out his toe (which had grown three times the size from 2 months ago - I could show pictures but i don't think you'll want to see it) and told Tim that it was a tumor that could have been fast growing cancer or slow growing cancer. Either way, he would be in pain until he died - so, we ended his suffering. Poor, poor Tundra.
Tim said that Duke was wimpering this afternoon - guess he missed Tundra, too.
So, we took pictures last night. I wanted one last picture will my little poopsie. When my laptop is up and running again I'll post pictures.
I had to leave the vet early because I had an appointment with the Doctor. Yesterday I started to feel what i thought was a cold coming on. But, I couldn't breath very easily (still can't) and the pain killers just wasn't working (still isn't). When I laid down, I felt like I had a huge weight on my chest. Oh, breathing hurt. So, after cold/flu medicine I started to feel better - and began to think it was a waste of time. But, after sitting in the waiting room for 45 minutes and then 15 minutes in the exam room, I felt like crap. I started to get the chills and then started feeling warm, my chest really really hurt, my head felt like it was being hit with a 10 pound hammer, and my ears were starting to hurt. I was so miserable. Wait - I still am miserable! So, I've spent the day in bed, alternating being hot and cold, in severe pain, and coughing to no end. I am starting to feel better again - but it will only last for an hour or so and then I'll be feeling like crap. Oh, I was told I have bronchitis and a sinus infection. It is a good thing I don't have to work until Monday!
There was a bright spot in the day. While being thoroughly annoyed at having to wait 45 minutes, the nurse took me back and took my temp and breathing. Then she asked if I wanted to be weighed. Hello! Does anyone who is 60 pounds over weight WANT to get a scale? I passed. Then as we were walking back, she said she'd take my blood pressure. Now remember - I was at this point in a lot of pain. I told her that I was at ___ (you think I'm gonna tell you?). She looked at him and told me that was very high. I wanted to say - You think? Then she asked me when I had it checked last. I told her it was earlier this week at the Fitness Center - and then she looked at me weird and chuckled. She thought I had told her my blood pressure - and then said I must have thought she was rude for saying it was very high. I shrugged - I'm overweight and I know it! No sense in getting upset about it =)
The one bright spot in my day. Wait! I took the quilt to get quilted, so that is good, too.
6 years ago

I'm glad you could at least have two little bright spots in an otherwise terrible day. I'm glad Tundra isn't' hurting anymore, though that probably doesn't make you miss him any less!
ReplyDelete