Yep - my dear, sweet hubby is gone again. He'll be back in about 5 weeks. I looked at the calendar this morning and just groaned. 5 weeks. Depressing. I thought each time he left it would get easier. But it doesn't. I don't see how my cousin does it with 3 kids - her husband has gone on at least 2 deployments and she has traveled around the world toting 3 kids. Another cousin's wife traveled all over with her two kids all alone. And I can barely survive the 1 kid I have. I thought I'd never get through the 15 months he was in Afghanistan. But we survived - barely (and with help from my parents) but we did. We've made it through so many small deployments - a couple of weeks here, a month there, two and a half in Florida. And, really, they have been much easier than the long deployment. But the older Ster gets, the sassier and more argumentative he gets. Seriously - he acts like a teenager. And I just dread Tim leaving. The easiest deployment we have had was when Jayden was here. For some reason, that month-long deployment went by quickly and easy.
I think I need to invest in duct tape. One, to tape his mouth shut so he can't get sassy with me. Two, if he is really naughty, to duct tape him to someone's porch so they can deal with his attitude!
It is a good thing he's cute! And now I TOTALLY understand why my mother-in-law told me that the only reason Tim is alive today is because he was so darn cute - he was quite the handful, too (a handful enough for his mom to wait 8 years before having her next child!)
6 years ago

I hear you about sassy kids. Chris is gone a week of every month and I swear that is when my kids save up to be super naughty. Surprised you didn't hear me last night and this morning having it out with Parker. Heaven help us both. Let us know if you need anything.
ReplyDelete