CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

I certainly hope 2011 doesn't continue on like this.  Only one day into the new year and we've been busy busy busy!  The morning started off slow - but around noon we hit the floor running and didn't stop until about 9:30.  What happened to my nap?  I ALWAYS get a nap on the weekends!

Tim and I have been talking about painting our house for quite a while - mainly the kitchen.  Me, I want to repaint the entire house.  Slowly.  I'm not a go-getter and unless I have a big deadline it won't happen all at once.  Anyway, we bought paint a month ago with the hopes of having the kitchen painted before Tim's family got here.  Nope.  I was too lazy - I'll admit it.  Good books are hard to put down - and reading was much more interesting than painting.  Anywho - it didn't get painted.  For Christmas, Tim got me the BEST gift ever.  An under-the-cabinet CD Player.  I have wanted one of those for years.  Like since we were first married - I couldn't wait until we bought a house so we could install one.  It only took 6 years of living in this house to get one.  Anywho - I told Tim that I needed to paint the kitchen cabinet before we install it because our cabinets are pretty icky (the previous owner painted them - which I liked - but she painted them an off-whitish color that just didn't look good next to the paint I picked out a few years ago).  So, I started to sand down the cabinet door and we painted that cabinet plus the kitchen walls today.  I'm pooped.  My feet and legs are just aching right now.  I want to go to bed right now, but it would require me walking upstairs - and my feet are protesting right now.  I absolutely love the paint color - it is a tannish color (I'm not good with names of colors) that looks almost sage green (I DO know that color) in the evening with lights off.  No matter - I am pleased as punch now that is done.  However, our cabinet color doesn't look nearly as bad as it did with the previous paint color - and had I known that I never would have started painting the cabinets if I had known that.  We could have lived a few more years with the off-whitish cabinets.

Not only did we paint the kitchen, but Tim replaced the kitchen light.  The chandelier over the table didn't work right - two of the lights didn't work - and I didn't like the look of it.  It was old.  We found a light fixture that was in our budget that we both liked.  And man does it light up the kitchen!  The previous chandelier's light faced up - this light faces down and makes it much brighter.  I like it.  It may not be top-of-the-line or elegant - but I really like it.

I guess I should make my way upstairs - I'm pooped!

5 comments:

  1. You should post pictures, or I guess I could run over and check out all your hard work. I'm jealous, my kitchen needs to be updated too. Want to do mine???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures! {for those of us who can't just run over and check. =)} Congrats on the painting, the new light, and the CD player. I'm sure it all looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, where are the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could get a nap every weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love painting! We've lived in our house for 6 years too, and have painted about that many times! I really want to do my cabinets next- you put the bee back in my bonnet to get that done! I'd love to see pics of your updated kitchen! :)

    ReplyDelete