CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Now I know why I feel so terrible.

I don't have bronchitis. I have pneumonia! After 4 1/2 days of painful breathing, I decided it wasn't getting any better and went back in (which is a whole other story). This time, I had x-rays and we found it is pneumonia. So - three days off!

I thought I was getting better. Yes, my cough was terrible. Yes, my chest hurt but I was sure the medicine would kick in. My headaches were disappearing and I wasn't so tired. I made it into work for 5 hours yesterday and 3 today (boy will they be upset when they find out I actually have pneumonia). Anyway, it got bad today at lunch time and I couldn't talk without taking shallow breathes every so often.

I called into the doctor's office around 12:30 p.m. to see if they could get me an inhailer or something. Almost 2 hours later, the nurse calls me back and says I'll need to see the doctor before they'll send in a prescription. Okay, so I ask if he had any time. She kind of paused like I must be joking - and then said I'd have to talk to the receptionist and transferred me. I got the voicemail. Like I was going to wait another 2 hours for them to call me back! And then wait in their office for 45 minutes until they could see me. At this point, I was hurting and not breathing well and very upset it took so long. I called Tim up and cried and couldn't breath and all sorts of stupid stuff. So we went to a different place - and were in and out in a very short amount of time. I'm switching! And hoping the new office doesn't get too busy.

2 comments:

  1. ok, so in the next three days you will be resting, resting, and resting. GET BETTER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you were able to get into another doctor so quickly. I hope you like that one much better. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete